Triangle Collision FAQs
Please browse through the list below for answers to your most frequently asked questions. Don’t see your question in the list? Feel free to contact us directly; we’d be glad to assist you and answer any questions or concerns you may have. Give us a call today at 919.460.7693, or fill out our contact form to the right of this page.
If the damage to your vehicle is a result of the error or negligence of someone else, then the other party’s insurance company is responsible for paying the full amount of the repair costs.
Note, however, that the biggest reason for estimate differences is that one estimate may not include all the required steps and processes. If you have any questions, we will go over with you every detail of any insurance company estimate or estimate by another repair service. We want you to have all the information you need to make informed decisions about the repair of your vehicle.
- Wash your vehicle by hand with cool water and a very mild car wash solution, using a soft cloth or sponge.
- Always use clean, fresh water.
- Wash your vehicle in the shade.
- Avoid commercial car washes – stiff brushes and sponges can mar the vehicle’s finish and damage its surface.
- Don’t “dry wipe” your vehicle as this can scratch the finish.
- Don’t drive on gravel roads – your vehicle’s finish can be easily chipped during the first 30 days.
- Avoid parking under trees and utility lines that are likely to attract birds – bird droppings have a high acid content and will damage a freshly painted surface. Also, tree sap can mar or spot a new finish.
- Don’t spill gasoline, oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid or windshield solvent on the new finish.
- Don’t scrape ice or snow from the newly painted surface.
During the first 90 days:
Don’t wax or polish your vehicle – it’s important to allow the finish to dry and harden completely.
We invite you to come in and experience the difference in our service and workmanship.
Getting into a car accident can be stressful, especially without proper knowledge and help through the process. Contact us today with additional questions and for a free, detailed estimate on your car repair. Our friendly, experienced staff will work with you right away to ensure that you and your car are taken care of.